Paradise Theme Card


 Hi crafty friends! Today I'm sharing a card using supplies from Simon Hurley's latest release from Ranger Ink. When I made this card, I was thinking of my Puerto Rico where I grew up and spent almost every weekend at the beach. 

I started with an 8 ½ x 11 card stock and trimmed it 7 x 10 and scoring at 5 inches. Then I trimmed another piece measuring about 5 ¾ x 4 ½ inches. On this piece is where I created my scene using stamps and stencils by Simon Hurley.


I first stamped one of the images from the Treescapes background stamp set then used clear embossing powder to heat emboss the image. Then, I peeled apart one of the stamps from the Sound Waves background stamp and inked the background with Tropical Tango and Remember Me inks. I used some Copic markers (E31 and E33) to color in some sand between the island and wave images.


Next, I masked the waves using some Mint tape so I could add more to my background. I used Slippery When Wet and Guppy inks to ink the sun image from the Sedona scene maker stencil.


After I was done inking the sun, I used the Scene Maker stencil with Prom Queen and Slippery When Wet ink to add some clouds. I loved how this turned out because it resembles a colorful evening sky on an island.


I was almost done but realized I did not want just the white of the card base peaking through the colorful scene. So, I used Tim Holtz Two Tone Woodgrain card stock and inked the edges with Cookie Dough and Weeping Willow inks. This Tim Holtz's card stock was a seasonal item and is not available at the moment, but I will link another of his card stocks that would similarly work.


To finish the card, I heat embossed one of the sentiments from the Smooth Sailing stamp set. I also stamped and heat embossed one of the boats from the same stamp set and colored it with Copic markers (W1, W3, W5, BG11, BG 15, BG78, and E59). And of course, I added some sequins to add a bit of sparkle to the card.

As always, I really hope today's card has given you some fun inspiration to make something fun and creative today. Make sure to follow me on Instagram as well as checking my previous blog posts for some fun inspiration!


***Affiliated Links***
Affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.
 

Comments

Popular Posts