Sweet Card for Valentine's Day


 Hi crafty friends! Today I want to share with you a card I made using a new stamp set that Spellbinders sent me from their latest release. I know what you must be thinking, a Valentine's Day card? We just started December! Hahaha! I know, but if you are a maker like me, you know that you need to start early making projects or cards that you are planning to send to loved ones for a special occasion. 

I'm glad that companies like Spellbinders are always ahead sharing new products that we can get at any moment to create fun crafty projects with. For today's card  I used the new Candy Hearts stamp set. Isn't that mouse cute?

To begin, I stamped the image on white card stock and then used one of the Arches Etched dies to die cut the stamped background. Next, I used Copic markers to colored the image. I used E2, E21, E11, E01, E00, and E000 to color the mouse.


To color the cute candy hearts I used: Y32, BG11, V04, and R11. Then, I used a white gel pen to add some accents on the hearts and mouse.


Once I was done coloring, I wanted to add a scene. So I die cut one of the clouds from the Color Block Cloudscape and used the die cut as a stencil to add clouds with Clear Skies ink.


 Next, I trimmed a piece of card stock for my A2 card base that I embossed using the 3D Tile Reflection embossing folder. Then, I rubbed some white pigment ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.


Once I was done with embossing the front panel piece, I glued it to the card base. Then, I used foam adhesive to glue the arch background on the front panel.


To finish the card, I heat embossed one of the sentiments from the Candy Hearts stamp set and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. And if you know me, you know I like my embellishments! So I added some clear sequins to make that background sparkle a bit more.

I hope you have enjoyed today's card tutorial as much as I did when I made it! Make sure to follow me on Instagram as well as checking my previous blog posts for some fun inspiration. See you next time!



***Affiliated Links***
Affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts