Beautiful Tulips


     Hello crafty friends! Today I wanted to share with you a card I made using supplies from Altenew. I've been making a lot of Christmas cards, but took a bit of a break to make a floral card that shows one of my favorite flowers: Tulips!

I started by trimming a piece of card stock 6x6 to emboss it with the 3D Tulip Simple embossing folder. Then, I used the coordinating layered stencil to ink the beautiful flowers with Viper, Piggyback, and Rosy Cheeks inks.


Next, I splattered some gold watercolor to add extra sparkle to the flowers.


Once I was done inking the tulips, I trimmed the card stock to fit the A2 card base I created. Then, I started working on the second piece of the background. I used a green colored card stock and blended a darker ink around the edges by using Fake Plant ink.


I wanted to add texture to this piece so I used the Wicker 3D embossing folder to add more dimension. Then I rubbed some gold ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


I wanted to add a simple Spanish sentiment for this card. So I heat embossed one of the sentiments from the Label Love Spanish stamp set and trimmed it to add to the front of the card.


To finish the card, I glued the backgrounds to the A2 card base and paired it to a complimentary envelope. You can see it in action here. Now it will be ready to be sent to a loved one!

I hope you have enjoyed today's card tutorial as much as I did when I made it! Make sure to follow me on Instagram as well as checking my previous blog posts for some fun inspiration. See you next time!



***Affiliated Links***
Affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts