Autumn Themed Card

 


Hello crafty friends! It's been a little while since I shared on my blog. A lot has been happening here (work, family, etc.) and it's been a bit difficult to make time to do some crafting, but I managed to squeeze in some time recently to get lost in my craft room for a while to make a couple of cards. I hope you enjoy this tutorial as much as I did when I made this card.

I started by making an A2 card base and then trimming two pieces to use as my front panel - one out of colored card stock that I glued onto the card base and another out of white card stock. On the white piece I heat embossed the Wings and Things background stamp with platinum embossing powder. Then, I inked the background with Simon Hurley inks: Bee Sting, Roar!, Guppy, and Slippery When Wet.


Next, I used Weeping Willow ink to add a darker color around the embossed background.


Once I finished with the background, I started stamping a couple of pumpkins from the Fall Sampler stamp set. I used the solid stamps first and inked the images with Tropical Tango and Triple Berry inks. Then, I used a small blending brush to add Weeping Willow on the stamp to add more depth into the stamp image.


Next, I used the coordinating stamps of the pumpkins to stamp the smaller designs onto the pumpkins. For this, I used Slippery When Wet and Roar! inks.


After that, I used the coordinating dies from the Fall Sampler set to die cut the pumpkins, and then I added some glue and adhesive foam to glue them onto the inked background.


Next, I glued the inked front panel onto the card base and added some pearls for extra shine.


I heat embossed a sentiment from the Fall Sampler stamp set on colored card stock and added foam adhesive to tape it onto the front panel.  To finish the card, I paired the card to a complimentary envelope. Now it will be ready to be sent to a loved one this fall season.


I hope you have enjoyed today's card tutorial as much as I did when I made it! Make sure to follow me on Instagram as well as checking my previous blog posts for some fun inspiration. See you next time!



***Affiliated Links***
Affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts