Using Bright Colors for a Fall Card


 Hi crafty friends! Today I have a fun card tutorial to share with you using stamps from Simon Hurley's latest release.

I started by creating an A2 card base and trimming two pieces to use as front panels for the card. One was out of colored card stock that I glued onto the card base, and the other out of white card stock. On this piece is where I used the stamps from the Leaf Prints stamp set.


I started by mounting the cling stamps onto an acrylic block. Once I was done, I used my heat tool to heat up the stamping foam. I did this for about 15-20 seconds. Then, I pressed the stamps that were on the acrylic block onto the stamping foam to make an impression of the images.

When I finished, I used Prom Queen, Slippery When Wet, and Tropical Tango inks to ink up my stamping foam. Next, I sprayed some water on it before using the stamping foam to make an impression on the front panel piece.


Once it was dried, I splattered some gold watercolor to add a bit of shine to the background. Then I glued the front panel piece to the card base.


Next, I heat embossed sentiments from the Fall Sampler stamp set on black card stock. Then I trimmed each sentiment and taped them to the background using foam adhesive. Then I paired the card to a complimentary envelope. 

I hope you have enjoyed today's card tutorial as much as I did when I made it! Make sure to follow me on Instagram as well as checking my previous blog posts for some fun inspiration. See you next time!



***Affiliated Links***
Affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts