Simon Hurley's New Release is Here!


 Hello crafty friends! Simon Hurley has a brand new release from Ranger Ink that is Spooktacular! (See what I did there?)

For this card I used both the Fall Sampler stamp and dies set and the Flip Flop Circles stencil. To start, I created my background using Guppy Lunar Paste and Tim Holtz Black Opaque paste on white card stock.



Once the background had dried, I used Hocus Pocus Distress Mica Stain to add more color and shine to it. I also splattered some white acrylic paint on it, which you will see soon.


Next, I stamped the bats from the Fall Sampler stamp set with back ink then heat emboss them with clear embossing powder. Then I used the layering stamp that coordinates with each bat and heat embossed some bat images with silver embossing powder and others with Glow Up embossing powder. I also die cut each bat and die cut extras to glue together to add dimension to each.


Once I was done die cutting, I trimmed a piece of holographic card stock that was glued to my A2 card base, and then another piece was cut out of Tim Holtz's Distress Black card stock that was glued on top of the holographic background. Then, I glued the stenciled panel. And lastly, I glued the bat images onto the stenciled background.


Here you can see a couple of those bat images glowing in the dark. How cool is that?


To finish the card, I stamped and heat embossed one of the sentiments from the Fall Sampler stamp set and glued it to the background. I added some sequins for extra sparkly embellishment. Do check out Simon's new release at Ranger Ink, I think you will love it!


I hope you have enjoyed today's card tutorial as much as I did when I made it! Make sure to follow me on Instagram as well as checking my previous blog posts for some fun inspiration. See you next time!


***Affiliated Links***
Affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts