Simple Card Technique


    Hello crafty friends! Today I want to share with you a simple way to make a card using an embossing folder and sentiment dies from Altenew.

    I started by trimming a piece of Portobello card stock that I glued to my A2 card base made out of white card stock. I also trimmed another piece out of white card stock that I used as my front panel piece. 

    On this piece, I used the Flowers & Leaves embossing folder. I first inked the embossing folder with Pink Champagne ink from Catherine Pooler. Then, I placed the card stock inside the folder and ran it through my die cutting machine.


    I wanted to add a bit of more color to those beautiful embossed flowers, so I used the Pucker Up ink with a small blending blush to add more color.


    The leaves were already a pink color from when I inked the embossing folder. So what I did was add ink on top with Green Tea ink so I could show where the leaves were in the background.


    Once I was done with my background, I die cut a sentiment from the Versatile Greeting set. I die cut extras so I could glue them together for dimension.


    After die cutting my sentiment, I glued the front panel piece on the card base and glued the sentiment as well. I wanted to add more dimension and color, so I used Liquid Pearls to add drops on the center of the flowers.


    I also added some Pinkfresh Glitter Drops to add a bit of sparkle to the card.


    To finish the card I paired it 
with a complimentary envelope. Now it is ready to be sent to a loved one!


I hope you have enjoyed today's card tutorial as much as I did when I made it! Make sure to follow me on Instagram as well as checking my previous blog posts for some fun inspiration. See you next time!



***Affiliated Links***
Affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts