Distress Watercolor Pencils and Stamping


Hello crafty friends! Today I'm excited to share with you a simple mini slimline card I made using some of my favorite crafty supplies.

I started by creating a mini slimline card base measuring 7 x 6 and scoring it at 3 ½ on the 7 inch side. Once I created the card base, I started working on the front panel piece, which I trimmed to 2 ¼ x 4 ¼. 



To get the watercolor effect I used the Distress Watercolor pencils to color directly onto the stamp. The background stamp I used is called Watercolor Blooms. Not only can you use the entire background stamp to create a beautiful background, but you can also peel some of the images to stamp a single image like I did for today's card.

To begin, I sprayed some water onto the stamp. Then, I colored the stamp with the watercolor pencils. I used Crushed Olive and Frayed Burlap to color the stem and leaves. To color the flower I used Tattered Rose and Candied Apple.


I didn't want the straight edges on the front panel piece so I used the We R Makers 3 Way Corner punch to add some decoration to the corners.


The background still needed a little shine so I splattered some gold watercolor to make the flower image pop.


Next, I trimmed another piece of cardstock and used the Origami Folds 3D embossing folder to add some texture. Then, I used the same corner punch to trim the edges.


To finish the card I added some glossy accents to the flower, heat embossed a sentiment from the Paisley Bouquet stamp set, and used foam adhesive to assemble the pieces onto the card base.

I do want to mention that some of the Spellbinders supplies I used today are on sale! Try to take advantage of the amazing deals to make some fun projects.

 Like always, I really hope today's card has given you some fun inspiration to make something fun and creative today. Make sure to follow me on Instagram as well as checking my previous blog posts for some fun inspiration!


***Affiliated Links***
Affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts