Yes, Another Birthday Card!


 Hi crafty friends! I have another fun birthday card to share with you today. This time I'm using an exciting stamp set by Dyan Reaveley from Ranger Ink. I'm going to share with you a little secret...I LOVE cupcakes! Those that know me well know this is very true! So, when I saw this Tea Time Treats stamp set - I just HAD to get!


I started by trimming a piece of cardstock to use as the front panel for an A2 card base. On the front panel I stamped one of the images from the Tea Time Treats stamp set. I also stamped it onto masking paper, trimmed it, and used it to cover the image on the front panel. I also used low tack tape to mask part of the front panel to add something a bit different to the background.

Once I did this, I used other cute images from the same set and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. Then for the fun part - ink blending a colorful background using Simon Hurley inks. After that, I splattered some gold watercolor to add extra shine to the background.

Next, I used my Copic markers to color the cupcake. I started with the frosting and the cake part. I used RV10, RV13, RV21 for the frosting and E23, 235, and E39 to color the cake.


To color the cupcake holder, I used Y13, Y15, and Y17, and then BG49 for the hearts on the cupcake holder.


Once the background was ready, I heat embossed a sentiment from the Bold Birthdays stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. And of course, I had to add some embellishments to that cute cupcake, so I added some Stickles, Pops of Color, and sprinkles.

I really hope today's card has given you some fun inspiration to make something fun and creative today. Make sure to follow me on Instagram as well as checking my previous blog posts for some fun inspiration!


***Affiliated Links***
Affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts