Using Stencils to Create a Desert Sunset


 Hello crafty friends! It's been a little while since I shared a post on my blog. I hope all of you had a wonderful Holiday Season and a Happy New Year! Speaking of new things, Simon has an amazing new release today over at Ranger Ink - there are some beautiful stamps and coordinating dies, background stamps, and stencils. For today's card I used one of the new layering stencils called Sedona Scene Maker. You're going to love this one!

I started by creating an A2 card base out of white cardstock. I trimmed the 8½ x 11 cardstock down to 4¼ x 11. Then I scored at 5½. For the front panel I trimmed a piece measuring about 4 x 5¼. On this piece, I started inking the background with one of the layers from the Sedona Scene Maker stencil using Later Gator and Viper inks.


Next, I covered the cactus images with one of the stencils and used the other layer to ink the mountains using Cookie Dough, Grrr!, and Weeping Willow inks.


I wanted a colorful sunset sky for this background. So, I used the Scene Maker stencil to create the beautiful clouds with Crown Me, Prom Queen, and Slippery When Wet inks. To ink the sun, I used a bit of Slippery When Wet and Guppy.


I love how this background looks and it was so easy to create! Of course, it needed a sentiment, so I used one of the sentiments from the new stamp set called Succulents. To finish the card, I added some Liquid Pearls onto the cacti. 

I hope you have enjoyed today's blog post! Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more inspiration. You can also check my previous blog posts for some fun cards I have made.


***Affiliated Links***
Some affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts