Easy Christmas Cards with Background Stamps


 Hello crafty friends! Cool weather has arrived in Texas, so it is definitely starting to feel like winter. Which gives me another excuse to make more Christmas cards. 

For today's A2 cards I'm using two of the newest background stamps from Simon Hurley's latest release. You will find a full list of supplies at the end of this post.

The first one is using the Christmas Village background stamp. Like most of Simon's background stamps, this one also has elements that you can peel apart to stamp a certain image from the background. I wanted to use the entire stamp and kept it simple by using black ink to stamp images on the front panel of the card.


To finish the card, I splattered some gold watercolor, die cut a sentiment (unfortunately this die is no longer available, but I will mention one similar in the supply list), and added some embellishments.


For the second card I used The Bold Holiday Bloom background stamp. For this one, I peeled apart the flowers and berries just so I could be able to stamp the green leaves. Once I was done, I put the stamps back in place (on my Misti) and removed the leaves. This way there was no chance of mixing colors while using different color ink pads.


Next, I heat embossed one of the sentiments from the Halftone Holiday stamp set. To finish the card, I splattered some white watercolor, added some Liquid Pearls on the blooms, and added some embellishments.

I hope you have enjoyed today's blog post! Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more inspiration. You can also check my previous blog posts for some fun cards I have made.


***Affiliated Links***
Some affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts