A Not So Scary Card


 Hello crafty friends! Today is Simon Hurley's release day over at Ranger Ink! I'm loving all the products from this release, and I can't wait to show you the other fun things I've made!

For today, I made an A2 card using the Scene Maker stencil and the new Mythical Monsters stamp set. This stamp set is so ADORABLE! I love all the cute little monsters - plus it has a ton of sentiments that can be used for any type of card. Talk about stretching your supplies!

To start, I trimmed a piece to use as the front panel of the card and inked the background with the Midnight Snack, Crown Me, and Shady ink pads. Then, I used the Scene Maker stencil to add some mountains. For this I used Grrr! and Weeping Willow ink pads. Next, I added the clouds with white pigment ink and heat embossed the moon with white embossing powder.


Once I was done creating the background with the Scene Maker stencil, I splattered some gold water color to make it look like stars. Now - for the fun part - I stamped and heat embossed one of the images from the Mythical Monsters stamp set on distress watercolor cardstock. Then I ran it through my cutting machine to cut the image. To color the little monster, I used Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Pencils. To finish the card, I added one of the sentiments from the Mythical Monsters stamp set and added some Stickles. After all that, I glued the front panel to the card base.

I hope you have enjoyed today's blog post! Make sure to check out the Ranger Ink's site and see Simon's new release, you will love it! For more inspiration make sure to check out my previous blog posts and follow me on Instagram.


***Affiliated Links***
Some affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts