Getting Two Backgrounds Out of One Inked Stamping Foam


 Hello crafty friends! I hope your Friday is going great so far! Today I have another fun card to share with you. Have you used the Simon Hurley's stamping foam? If you haven't, you should definitely try it! You can make all types of impressions with stamps, embossing folders, or any fun textured item you have around your craft room! You can find a list for the rest of the supplies used at the end of this post.

For the background of today's A2 cards, I used the stamping foam and the Stippled Circles background stamp. To start, I warmed up the stamping foam with a heating tool. Then, I put some low tack tape behind the stamping foam and taped it to a large acrylic block. Next, I applied pressure against the background stamp to get an impression.

As soon as I got an impression on the foam, I used Rosy Cheeks, Love Struck, Slippery When Wet, Clear Skies, and Overzealous Simon Hurley inks to ink up my stamping foam. Then I sprayed a little bit of water on the stamping foam and stamped my first front panel piece. There was some ink left over so I sprayed a little more water and stamped it onto another front panel piece. I got two backgrounds out of one inked stamping foam! 

I love how the background turned out, it felt very summer-like! That is why I used the Zesty stamp set and the Lemon Branch stencil to add the final touches to the background. To finish this card, I added a sentiment from the Zesty stamp set, some clear sequins, and some glossy accents on the leaves.

But remember, I was able to get another background out of one inked stamping foam. So, of course, I made another card with it!


On this card I still used the Zesty stamp set for some of the images and sentiment. To color the images, I used Copic markers. I also used Bestest Friends stamp set to add some birthday themed images. I also added some Stickles to add extra sparkle to the background.

I hope you have enjoyed today's blog post and that it has given you some #funspiration to do something creative this weekend! 


Most of today’s supplies you can find at Scrapbook.com, there are a lot of sales this month! Also, don't forget to check their coupons section, they have free gifts available with your purchase!

For more inspiration you can always follow me @harshgurl (Instagram). 

 

***Affiliated Links***
Some affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts