Embroidery and Hot Foiling, yes please!

Hello crafty friends! I hope your weekend is off to a good start! Mine is going great so far - I'm spending it in my craft room making new cards/projects! Speaking of projects, today I would like to share a new card I made using the new Stitched Y dies from Spellbinders! This was the  very first time I got to stitch embroidery floss onto a card! Have you done stitching on your cards? Let me know in the comments!

I started by making my favorite size of card - an A2 card base. My current trimmer is the Fiskars Large Paper Trimmer because it's easy for me to use, especially when I do these top folding A2 card bases. You can use a sheet of 8 ½ x 11 110 lb. cardstock (this is one of my favorite cardstock weights that I use often, and it is very affordable!) and cut it at 4 ¼. I ended up with two card bases. Score one of the pieces at 5 ½ to create your top folding card. Cut another piece to use as the front panel of your card.

On the front panel I used the Sun Rays embossing folder. I wanted to keep this card very clean/white with just a few pops of color. So I die cut some flowers from the Handing You A Smile die set on color and holographic cardstock.


Next I die cut the new
Stitched Y dies. I did cut it twice so it could be easier when I got to do the stitching part. I used pink embroidery floss and gold thread. Once I was done stitching, I glued the Y die cut onto the outlined shape. For the sentiment, I used Yana's Special Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die set. I used Hammermill cardstock to do this and it worked great for foiling. 

Make sure to checkout Spellbinders new release, I think you will love it as much as I do!

I hope you have enjoyed my crafty project and that it is has given you some #funspiration to do something creative today! I wish you a great weekend and I hope to see you all soon! Until then, keep being creative and having fun!

 

For more inspiration you can always follow me @harshgurl (Instagram). 

 

 

***Affiliated Links***
Some affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

 

Comments

Popular Posts