Cupcakes are perfect for birthdays...or for any day of the week!

 Hello crafty friends! It has taken me a few days to finally share another crafty project. The last few days have been full of sad news after what happened in Uvalde, TX. Please continue to keep those affected in your thoughts and prayers, they are much needed!

Crafting is my way to work through my stress or when I'm feeling a bit off. I'm so grateful for this hobby and the community that always shares their beautiful creations!

Speaking of creations, I want to share a fun and colorful card I made using a stamp set and stencil from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

    I started by making an A2 card using my Fiskars Large Paper Trimmer . This trimmer makes it easy for me to make these top folding A2 card bases. You can use a sheet of 8 ½ x 11 110 lb. cardstock (It's so affordable!) and cut at 4 ¼. You will end up with two card bases. Score one of the pieces at 5 ½ to create a top folding card. Cut another piece measuring slightly smaller than 4 ¼ x 5 ½ to use as the front panel of your card.

    On that front panel I used the Make Music stencil from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and inked it using my TE blending brushes and Simon Hurley inks. Once I was done, there was still ink on the stencil so I sprayed a bit of water, grabbed another piece of cardstock, and used my brayer to apply pressure to make sure the leftover ink would transfer to that other piece of cardstock.

    Now for the fun part, coloring these cute cupcakes from the Joyful Day stamp set! I used V04, V05, V15, RV06, RV14, RV21, YG41, TG06, and G14 Copic markers to color the frosting on the cupcakes. Then I used C1, C3, and C5 to color the cupcakes' baking cups.

    Next, I used my Wink of Stella pen to add a bit of shine and some glossy accents on the frosting on one of the yummy cupcakes. I also stamped one of the sentiments from the Joyful Day stamp set on the inked background.

    To finish the card, I glued my assembled front panel to the card base and paired it with a colorful A2 envelope.

    Cupcakes are my absolute favorite so you can imagine how much fun I had making this card! Let me know in the comments what is your favorite flavor of cupcakes. I'll go first, mine are strawberry and red velvet..yummy!
 
    I hope you have enjoyed today's blog post and that it has given you some #funspiration to do something creative today! 

For more inspiration you can always follow me @harshgurl (Instagram). 

 

***Affiliated Links***
Some affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts