Quick stamping and Dry embossing

 Hello crafty friends! I hope your week is going well! It’s been a little busy on my end, I decided to revamp/reorganize my craft room…I’m still not done, hahaha!

But, I still managed to make some time to play with some supplies from Gina K Designs - using the Sketched Florals stamp and dies to make today’s card.


I started by creating an A2 card base out of 120lb cardstock, then trimmed the 8½ x 11 cardstock down to 4¼ x 11 and scored it at 5½. Next, I trimmed another slightly smaller piece to 4
¼ x 5½ and used it as my front panel. 

On this front panel, I used the Sun Spots stencil to dry emboss it with my platinum 6machine (I got this Jane Davenport limited edition machine a while back). Then, I used the Sketched Floral dies to die cut my images on a separate piece of cardstock. I die cut about 4 sets of them to add dimension to the stamped images.

Next, I used my Mini Misti to stamp the flowers from the Sketched Flowers stamp set. I used Wild Wisteria, Lovely Lavender, Wild Dandelion, and Prickly Pear to ink the flowers. Then I used Grass Green and Fresh Asparagus inks to ink the vines.

 


Since I was done with all the die cutting, I used my Wendy Vecchi Make Art station to help me decide how I wanted to place each element onto my card. This is one of my favorite tools! Not only is it good to hold things in place and help you design your card, but it also holds your cardstock and stencil when you want to create inky backgrounds.

I wanted to add a bit of color to my card base, so I cut a piece of pattern cardstock from the Lawn Fawn Spiffy Speckles collection measuring about 4¼ x 5½. Then used Gina K adhesive dot runner to tape it to the card base.

Finally, I glued the images on my front panel and then glued the panel on my card base. I also heat embossed a sentiment from the Sketched Florals stamp set with white embossing powder on Hero Arts Pitch Black cardstock. To finish the card and to add more shine to it, I added some Majestic clear sequins from Sunny Studios.

I hope you have enjoyed my crafty project and that it is has given you some #funspiration to do something creative this week! I wish you a great rest of the week and hope to see you all soon! Until then, keep being creative and having fun!

 

For more inspiration you can always follow me @harshgurl (Instagram). 

 

 

***Affiliated Links***
Some affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts