Simple Christmas card


Happy Monday! I can't believe October is almost over - can you? This month has gone by so fast! Maybe is because I keep making Christmas cards and time is passing by quicker, hahaha!

Today's card was very easy to make. I used supplies from Simon Hurley's new release from Ranger Ink. The two sets that I used are called Festive Florals background and Christmas Silhouettes.

I started by creating an A2 card base and front panel out of my Simon Hurley Stark White cardstock. The card base measures 4¼ x 5½ (8½ x 5½ and scored halfway at 4¼). The front panel is slightly smaller at 4 x 5¼ .

I wanted to create a Christmas wreath with the Festive Florals background stamp. This stamp is so cool because you can use the stamp to create a beautiful background, or you can peel apart some of the pieces to create your own design. That's what I did, but before I began creating the wreath I used my pencil holder cup to draw a circle, which I could use as a guide to build my wreath.

After drawing my circle, I pealed the piece I wanted from the Festive Florals stamp and repeatedly stamped the front panel with Jet Black archival ink. Once its was inked (and dry), I erased the pencil lines and used Overzealous and Fake Plant ink pads to brush ink (similar in technique to watercolors) the stamped wreath.

 


 To finish the card, I glued kraft cardstock to the base of the card and glued the front panel on top of it. I also added a sentiment from the Christmas Silhouettes stamp set, some Liquid Pearls, and Stickles.

I hope you have enjoyed today’s crafty project and that it has given you some inspiration to do something fun and creative today. Feel free to leave a comment below - I would love to hear from you!

To see more of my projects, you can follow me on Instagram and YouTube.
I hope to see you next time!


***Affiliated Links***
Some affiliated links are used on this blog post at no extra cost to you. I receive a small compensation when you click through and shop using the links I have provided. This will help me to continue bringing you more fun projects on my blog, YouTube channel, and social media.

Comments

Popular Posts