Having fun with Acrylic Glossy Sprays!

 

    Hello crafty friends! I hope your week has been going AMAZING! I wanted to share with you a fun and simple card I made using stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and some new (to me 😉) products from Ranger Ink.

    Before using any type of acrylic sprays, I recommend you protect the surface of your workspace. I might suggest a discarded cardboard box or the Tim Holtz Splatter box. To work with these fun acrylic sprays, I totally recommend using a mixed media card stock for this type of project. I used Distress White Heavystock that is 130lb., which in my opinion is a great card stock to have to play with mixed media since its heavy and can stand any type of media you throw at it 😃. After I had that covered, I was ready to play with my Dina Wakley glossy sprays! The colors I used for this background were: Lemon, Magenta, and Turquoise. I had so much fun spraying these colors! I can't wait to create more backgrounds with these sprays!

    Once the background was dried completely, I used the Texture Tiles 11 stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps to add another layer to my background. I used some white pigment ink from Hero Arts to ink the images. Now, keep in mind that if you use this type of ink on this type of background, it does dry a little slower than normal, so let it dry completely before you add anything else to your project.

    To finish my card, I die cut a rectangle and heat embossed a sentiment from the Everyday Greetings set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and added some sequins.

    I really hope you have enjoyed today's post, and that it has given you some inspiration to do something really fun and creative today! For more fun projects, make sure to follow me on Instagram at @Harshgurl. Until next time!

 

***Some affiliated links were used on this blog post at no additional cost to you. I receive a small percent of compensation when you click and shop using the links shared on this post. This helps me to continue to bring you some inspiration through my blog posts and social media.***

Comments

Popular Posts