Cotton Candy Clouds & Unicorns

 

Hello crafty friends! Today I want to share a fun card I made using stamps and dies from My Favorite Things.

After watching a video from Tim Holtz (<--click the link to watch his video) demonstrating the distress oxide sprays and distress stain sprays, I was excited to get my hands on a few of the colors to start playing with them!

I knew I wanted to create a cotton candy look for my background. So, after I had fun spraying those colors on my card stock, I used my Lawn Fawn Puffy Clouds borders dies to cut each piece and bring those colorful clouds to life! After that, I applied some distress resist spray to give those clouds a glossy look.


With the clouds colored, I stamped & die cut my Friendly Unicorns on white card stock and colored them with some of my Copic markers. I added some shimmer to those cute unicorns by using my Wink of Stella brush. I then die cut another card stock using the Birch Press PinPoint Radial Plate to add more texture to my card. I had planned to leave it white but decided to use Ocean Mist ink from Ginak to add a bit more color to the card.

To finish my card, I added a sentiment from the Friendly Unicorns stamp set, some glossy accents on the hearts of those cute unicorns, and some sequins. 

Watch the short clip below to see the final look on this fun card!


 I hope today's card has given you some inspiration to do something fun & creative today!

To see more of my projects, make sure to follow my Harshgurl page on Instagram.

Comments

Popular Posts