Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone When Making A Card

 

Good morning! Today I want to share a card that I was a bit apprehensive to share only because it was different that what I usually do. But that is the fun part about being creative, right? To do something different, to step out of your comfort zone. Well that is what I did with this card!

I used the Alleluia Lilies stamps and dies & the Easter Innies stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps for this project. I wanted to do a mirror image of the stamp but, guess what? I did not have a mirror image stamp to do this! So instead, I used the back part of one of my large background stamps! It did not work as well (backgrounds stamps are not meant for that, hahaha!) but I still made it work!

To color the images I got brave and used a technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire to stamp image on foam, cut the images, and use your favorite inks( I used The Stamp Market inks) to color the inside of the image. For the background of this card I used dies from Altenew and Catherine Pooler (they no longer have the Nested Labels dies that I used but you can use anything you already own 😊). To finish the card I used Nuvo Crystal Drops and Liquid Pearls to outline that stamp image to give it a different look.

I hope this project has inspired you to do something totally different (out of your comfort zone 😉) and creative today.

 


I also want to let you know that Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is having an amazing overstock sale until February 28th. Make sure you don't miss this great opportunity to get some cute supplies for your amazing projects!

Comments

Popular Posts